Leather Mini Skirt + Floral Button down







WHAT I’M WEARING
 Floral Button-down { OLD } / Leather Mini Skirt { SOLD OUT - F21 } / Booties { ALDO } / Sunnies { ALDO


The boots that stole my heart.
I can’t remember exactly where I spotted them first or when I spotted them first. I’m thinking it was around December.  Although if I think about it. It wasn’t this shoe specifically it was the shape of the bootie. That fitted ankle and the thick block heel.  It was so epic to me. I first became obsessed with the latex looking boots from the Dior, you know the ones with the Lucite heels. I have absolutely had a thing for Lucite anything since high school but that’s a whole other story. After seeing the boots in the Dior show I pinned every single version I saw of them and waited patiently waited for someone to make a pair I could afford aka knock them off.

When they finally starting knocking them off, they flew off the shelves! I started to realize I needed to broaden my range for a shoe that gave the same look but maybe not so “high fashion” I fell deep DEEP in love with this pair from Aldo.  Let me tell you why these shoes, because there are other similar shoes that look similar.

The reason I chose these shoes over all the others look a likes

1.       TEXTURE - The shoes was patent leather giving off that latex look and a far cry from your basic leather/pleather bootie

2.       COLOR - The shoe had a contrast heel. I wasn’t looking to get a solid black bootie

3.       SHAPE - That fitted area around the ankle, and the shape of the toes where it’s almost a point but not quite. It’s a perfect pointed curve

Boots in the Spring?

I hear people aka the weather appropriate police talk about wearing boots in the Spring or the Summer as taboo. However I am not phased. No my feet are not hot. I suppose they might be uncomfy if I didn’t wear socks but alas I did.  What’s a major key for wearing boots “Out of season” wear  them with an item that is “In season”  i.e. sundress.


The Beautiful Resolve

So initially I thought I waited too long to buy my beloved boots because obviously it was no longer cold. All it takes is the art of balance to make your look come together seamlessly.



No comments :

Post a Comment